· Stores descriptions for any file or folder you wish, without affecting the contents.
· Descriptions stay with files and folders, even after copying/moving/renaming (NTFS required).
· Allows you to export descriptions, for inclusion with files copied across networks/etc. not supporting NTFS file information.
· Easy-to-use interface with a simple textbox for entering and modifying descriptions.
· Extremely low footprint - does not require much memory or storage space.
· Integrates with Windows Explorer file/folder context menus, allowing easy and instant access to dmFileNote.
· Allows file/folder descriptions up to 30,000 characters in size per file. Plenty of space for your notes, keywords, documentation, etc.
· Integrates with Windows Explorer file properties feature. You can modify file comments using dmFileNote or Windows Explorer - it's up to you.
· Enhances Windows Explorer search functionality, providing you the ability to modify searchable comments/tags for any file you choose.
· Optional "00_index.txt" index file creation and maintenance. These index files can be used by FTP clients and file cataloging software.
· Failsafe feature to help recover lost descriptions.
· UNC support (example: "\\myserver\myshare\myfile.ext").
an FTP index file created automatically by dmFileNote