Files of same name

jsampson45

Files of same name

Post by jsampson45 »

dmFileNote seems to get confused if making notes on files of same name but in different folders. The note concerning the first file is added to the second one.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Files of same name

Post by admin »

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the late reply (extremely busy with other projects).

What is happening is dmFileNote stores the description for the first file in the failsafe database, and when you go to view a second file with the same name that doesn't have a description already, it loads the description from the failsafe database. You can safely change the description for the second file and it won't affect the first file's description, however. dmFileNote is simply trying to recover any missing descriptions for files it sees in the failsafe database.

I can fix this by storing the full paths of the files in the failsafe database instead of just the filenames. This is a minor bug/nuisance and I thank you for pointing it out. If you post your e-mail address I will send you a FREE lifetime dmFileNote registration code. Thank you.